Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What happens when you skip church!

On Sunday around 3:30 while filling the water jugs at the Old Shoppett , I was stepping off the curb when my left foot stepped in a (what felt like a huge pothole) small dip in the pavement and I rolled my ankle and fell flat on my face!

Brad and Emily were in the car. Leslie was helping me with the water. The two water jugs that I was caring went flying across the pavement. I have scrapes on both palms of my hands ( the left is worse the the right) Lucky I had on jeans so that saved my knees. My right one has three small bruises on it from the (I believe) three small rocks I fell on, and then my left ankle is HUGE and swollen with bruising on the inside and out side of my ankle,

On the way home from hurting myself Brad asked if I wanted to go to the ER and I said no, that if in the morning I was still in pain and could not walk on it then I will go, (and the last Yankees Home game was on). So that night I iced my ankle and went to bed after the game,
around 2 in the morning I had to get up beause my ankle was throbbing and I needed to use the bathroom. I kind of hopped to the bathroom, and was in so much pain that I crawled back to the bed. By this point I was in so much pain that I was making too much noise and woke up Brad with my whimpering. He got me another icepack and some codeine and said that I slept great after that!

In the morning I called the base Dr. and since I have no Dr. on base they sent me to the ER. We dropped off Emily at a friends house. I got to ride in a wheel chair! and had X-Rays done , when I saw the Dr, she said it was just a bad sprain and they put on a splint and gave me crutches. I am now able to walk on my foot I think a good part is due to the splint. Last night we took it off so I could shower and that is when I saw all the bruising on my ankle that was not there when we went to the ER.! I should be off my foot, like not walking at all, for the next two days but with an almost 3 year old and Brad working all day and Leslie at school that is not going to happen .

Before all this happened we had a wonderful day spending it with our Family ! we took the girls to get the Hannah Montana Build a bear! and got Leslie's Halloween outfit!

I will try to get the photos up later,

4 comments:

Joshua and Joy said...

That's a bummer! Josh twisted his ankle out helping Dad on the house last week. It was all swollen too, and he wanted crutches...but we didn't get him any.

Anonymous said...

Awww That's no fun! I fixed the run on sentences for you and some minor spelling mishaps. Sorry but I don't want to spend the time putting up the pictures you emailed me...But really, OUCHIE! I'm sorry. I know what you mean about it being impossible to take it all the way easy with a little one demanding attention!! Wish I was there to help you out in all my waddling glory, we'd make quite the pair!

Amy Lovell said...

Yikes, that's no fun. No more missing church from now on I guess. I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You better be going to church tomorrow!!