Monday, January 5, 2009

Mt Lemmon 09

This weekend we went up to Mt. Lemmon. We tried to stop off at the same places that we did last year. The girls had a lot of fun. Out of the two disks that we had last year only one came with us. So we spent about an hour running around town to find some more. We ended up at a resale sports store and got the last two. ( from what brad said there was a family hording the rest and Leslie was only able to get one from them. When they would not let her have another one the manager got the display down.)


AThe first hill the girls went down. Emily said, "That was AWESOME !" I was standing right by the guard rail next to the road.


This was a path that was just right for Emily, she went down it about 4 times. Big smiles one her face the whole time..








The girls and I, off to my left is a steep hill that Leslie wanted to go down. Brad said yes and walked her up to the middle of it. I was down at the bottom with Emily. OK in the picture the girls and I are sanding on a bridge with a small creek and right behind us is a small tree. Emily was standing by the tree and I was getting ready to stop Leslie. She hit me. I went flying and landed on my face. Leslie curved around the tree and stoped. I got up and was dizzy and went over to where she was and noticed that her right arm was at a strange angle and she was not moving. Brad made it down and scooped her up and started up towards the car. There I am with Emily and the three disks trying to follow. Emily was crying because her sister was hurt, long story short, we made it to the truck and 45 minutes later ended up at the ER.
Leslie is fine. She has a buckle fracture on her shoulder joint. She is wearing a sling and is doing great. I am taking her to the Base Dr. today for a follow up.
On a side note, it was raining all day yesterday and brad asked her if we should head up to the Mt. again and she said, "No! not until my arm is better!" We will go up again but I am sure it will not be until next winter.





3 comments:

The Lara Family said...

Looks like you guys had fun. We tried to find a sled here in Oregon when we got all the snow but there were none to be found in the stores.

Xoxo Grandma said...

Poor Leslie...sledding can be so much fun but then there are those accidents. Wish her well.

Clayton and Camea said...

I forgot to comment on this one, I love sledding, we really need to take Evelyn. I'm glad you guys had fun, and I'm glad Leslie is on the mend.